Hello, ladies and gents! Welcome to our short course on Facial Motion Capture. We hope you'll enjoy it and learn something new today.
Now that you've warmed up with the basic concepts and the motivation behind using Facial Mocap, let's dive into the details of its pipeline.
Ready to get yours hands dirty? Then head over to the Coding Tutorial page for a neat introduction to programming your very own mocap system.
We've sifted through the noise so you don't have to. Use this carefully picked list of industrial and academic facial mocap tools as a jumping point for your own extended journey into the topic. Good luck!
- Dynamixyz Performer Suite
- Faceware Tech
- Optitrack Expression
- Mixamo Face Plus (we used this in our greeting video)
- Our Coding Tutorial - go check it out if you haven't already! :)
- Snappers Systems
- SIGGRAPH '13 Realtime Facial Mocap - this research was later commercialised into Faceshift
- Eurograph '12 Facial Rigging Survey - including physically-based facial muscle rigs and ones specifically designed for mocap
- SIGGRAPH '14 Talks - state-of-the-art for facial motion capture; until SIGGRAPH '15 anyway :)