Get in touch
News & Events
- Conference Paper St-Aubin B., Hesham O., Wainer G. "A Cell-DEVS Visualization and Analysis Platform" accepted at SummerSim 2018, Bordeaux, France.
- Thesis Proposal Defence scheduled for March 5th, 2018. February 2018
- Conference Paper "Observed Behaviours in Simulated Close-range Pedestrian Dynamics" accepted at SimAUD 2018, Delft, the Netherlands.
- Conference Poster Hesham O., Joslin C. and Ansara R. (2018). Interactive Anisotropic Tearing of Elastic Solids. In Proceedings of the 13th International Joint Conference on Computer Vision, Imaging and Computer Graphics Theory and Applications - Volume 1: GRAPP, 256-263, 2018, Funchal, Madeira, Portugal. September 2017
- 0b11101 March 2017
- Nominated for an Outstanding TA Award for the 2016-2017 academic year. January 2017
- Award Bernard Pagurek and Murray Woodside scholarship for outstanding SCE students (2017).
- Conference Paper "Context-sensitive Personal Space for Dense Crowd Simulation" accepted at SimAUD 2017, Toronto, Canada.
- TA SYSC3601 Microprocessor Systems (Intel x86) (Winter 2017 Term - Dr. Ramy Gohary). September 2016
- TA SYSC3006 Computer Organization: ARM Assembly (Fall 2016 Term - Dr. Ramy Gohary). May 2016
- Conference Paper "Centroidal Particles for Interactive Crowd Simulation" was accepted at SummerSim 2016, Montreal, Canada. March 2016
- Pleasantly surprised to hear that I've been nominated for an Outstanding TA Award for the 2015-2016 academic year. I know it sounds corny, but to me the pleasure of teaching is its own reward. So thank you to those who've nominated me; I'm honored to hear that I've contributed positively to your learning experience at Carleton. February 2016
- Award Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) for the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Conference Paper "Crowd Modeling in the Sun Life Building" was accepted at SimAUD 2016, London, UK. January 2016
- TA SYSC3303 Real-time Concurrent Systems (Winter 2016 Term - Dr. Lynn Marshall). October 2015
- Award Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science & Technology (QEII-GSST) for 2015-2016.
- My CellDEVS visualizer was used in a Computational Neuroscience course at UBA (University of Buenos Aires).
- Award Dr. Roger Kaye Memorial Scholarship for Ontario Students (2015-2016). September 2015
- TA SYSC3006 Computer Organization: ARM Assembly (Fall 2015 - Dr. Trevor Pearce). August 2015
- Demo of real-time squishy particles made in Summer 2015, first pulished in March 2016. Written in Processing 3.0 (Java+OpenGL). I call them softicles because why not. They look so calming, like a zen garden. I want some on my phone! May 2015
- Received funding to research the discrete-event simulation of crowd and pedestrian dynamics, building on the work of Michael Van Schyndel.
- Moved into my new office at the VSIM building, room 3210; grateful for how spacious and private it is; no windows though #whoNeedsVitDAnyway January 2015
- TA SYSC3303 Real-time Concurrent Systems (Winter 2015 Term - Dr. Mohamed Ibrahim). September 2014
- TA IMD4003 3D Computer Animation (Fall 2014 - Dr. Chris Joslin).
- Joined the ARS Lab to pursue a Modeling and Simulation (M&S) PhD topic under the supervision of Dr. Gabriel Wainer. August 2014
- Just got back from SIGGRAPH Vancouver, only the most amazing showcase of the latest in animation and computer graphics research. My buddy Chris Taylor and I got to reunite with some old friends and classmates. It was my first visit to beautiful Vancouver. Overall, a wonderful geeky way to cap the summer. May 2014
- Completed my PhD comprehensive exam. Topics: Operations Research (major) and Computer Architecture (minor).
- Dr. Anthony Whitehead (CarletonU)
- Dr. Paola Flocchini (uOttawa)
- My educational channel, Koldora, became the top organic search result for the Voronoi Diagram, with over
100hours of viewership and growing (1300 hours as of May 2016). I hope I can find the time to produce more material for the channel. I don't know why, but this mini-success feels oddly satisfying (like earning your first paycheck type of thing).
- TA IMD3002 3D Computer Graphics (Winter 2014 Term - Dr. Chris Joslin). May 2013
- TA SYSC3006 Computer Organization: x86 Assembly Programming (Summer 2013 - Course by: Graham Eatherley). January 2013
- Gained admission to the PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering program at Carleton University. I'll be studying under my MSc supervisor and long-time mentor, Dr. Chris Joslin. My admission includes a base funding package of $20k/year in the form of: Graduate Scholarship, Dean's Scholarship, Research Assisantship (RA), and Teaching Assistantship (TA).
Tools & Doodles
CellDEVS Simulation Viewer
The Sphere is not Flat
Facial Mocap mini-course
Painterly Rendering (April 2011)
In my spare time (yep!), I enjoy developing educational content for Koldora, a youtube channel focused on illustrating concepts in computer graphics and computational geometry. Here's a sample of what you might find:
Study Hard, Play Hard
A few moments of glory from a forever silver.